This post was updated on 12/11/2019 for better pictures and recipe accuracy. I also took out all of the old boring words and added brand new, less boring ones!
Cookies. For Breakfast!
That’s right. You can have buttery shortbread cookies for breakfast because they are totally gluten-free, keto, and they look like cinnamon rolls!
Oh, and did I mention they are only 1 gram NET CARBS?!?! So basically, you need to run straight to your kitchen and whip up a batch ASAP. No exceptions!
Keto Cinnamon Roll Cookie Tips
So here’s the fine print. Getting your cookies to roll properly and act like a cinnamon bun is way easier than you might think! There are just a few super important quirks that you need to know before you get started.
Bruh, chill (your dough!!)
If you try to roll these warm, the dough will be too sticky and might fall apart. A quick rest in the freezer is my favorite way to set the dough but the refrigerator works, too.
Also, mixing this dough with your clean little fingers instead of a big spoon is my preferred method. Even though it’s messy, the heat from your fingers will warm the butter *just enough* to mix everything evenly. It’s better, I promise!
The absolute BEST way to slice these cookies is unflavored dental floss. A knife just won’t do it!!! It’s easy, just grab some unflavored dental floss and slice away. You’ll have perfect cookies every time!
And another little FYI—these cookies won’t spread much so you’ll definitely want to flatten them a bit before you bake them. Just lay them on your baking sheet and gently press the edges down.
And MOST importantly, you’ll want to ice these buttery little cinnamon bun cookies with some low carb white chocolate! Trust me on this. Regular icing is fine, but white chocolate just takes it to another level.
Plus, it’s’ not as messy if you’re gifting these cookies.
Oh, You Need More Keto Cookies? I GOT YOU.
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/8 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Granulated Swerve, or erythritol or allulose
- 3 1/2 tbsp cold Butter
- 1 Large Egg White
- 1 oz Low Carb White Chocolate, melted, to drizzle
Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- 1/4 cup Granulated Swerve, or allulose or erythritol
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Butter, melted and cooled
- Whisk together the cup of almond flour, tbsp of coconut flour, xanthan gum, and sweetener.
- Cut in the cold butter with a fork, then use your hands to make sure all of the butter is incorporated. Add the egg white and continue to mix until a wet dough forms.
- Roll the dough between two pieces of plastic cling wrap into a small rectangle (about 1/4th inch thick) just like traditional cinnamon rolls! Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar.
- Starting at the long edge, gently use the plastic wrap to roll into a log, pressing the ends together as you go. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on the log to coat the edges. Wrap and chill for at least 20 minutes in the freezer.
- Use clean unflavored dental floss to slice 3/4 inch rounds of dough. Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and carefully flatten the dough. They don't spread!
- Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes. Cool before drizzling with melted white chocolate. Store in a sealed container to maintain softness!
Nutrition info does not include the white chocolate as if varies so much!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 99Total Fat 10gCarbohydrates 2gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 1gProtein 2g