Elevate your date night with a dreamy keto whipped mascarpone made for two! Perfect for dessert or breakfast the next morning…
Date Night Desserts
Some foods are just sultry. They lend to late nights, candlelight, and almost always bourbon. Probably served in a fancy little glass vessel. Expertly plated. Rich. Creamy.
Or not. It’s your dessert! But better yet, they are always meant for two. Properly portioned. Perfect for a pair. Even more perfect for us heedlessly single ladies (and gents) with a healthy appetite for bourbon-based desserts. We all win!
So as far as Desserts for Date Night go, this one has Got. It. All. Luscious whipped mascarpone? Got it. Bourbon blueberries with mint and a SUPER simple crumble that takes five(ish) minutes in the oven and is *just enough* to crunch on? Present. Comfortably serves two (three if you’re into that)?
*Emphatically screams YES*
Lushy Whipped Mascarpone For Two w/ Bourbon Blueberry Sauce
Boozy, but in a classy way.
Choose your whipping things
If you are a ketogenic dieter, you will want to choose heavy cream. Half and half is just that, half…meaning not enough fat to whip up and make this desert full and luscious.
If you are looking for a dairy free version of date night desserting, you can sub the whipping cream with whipped full fat coconut cream and the mascarpone with a dairy free cream cheese substitute like Kite-hill. It may taste a little more like cheesecake, but who cares? Cheesecake with bourbon blueberries is just as desirable.
OR you can do what I did and utilize a mixture of the two: both whipped coconut cream AND real mascarpone cheese because it hit the sweet spot-not full dairy but enough dairy -for me.
The consistency of this whipped up dessert is really based on your preference.
Serve it chilled for a lighter, moussey feel. Serve it from the freezer and it scoops like ice cream.
NOTE: if you want it to scoop, only freeze it for about an hour. Say, while you are cooking dinner. Extended freezer time will harden this cream to rock solid.
The Sauce will serve more than three. It’s very odd to try and make a single serving sauce from bourbon. You just end up going too light on bourbon or getting drunk.
The Crumble and Whipped Mascarpone will serve two GOOD size portions or three delicate portions.
The nutrition facts are for the whipped mascarpone only. I calculated for three servings because two servings left just a bit extra and it’s maddening to try to whip 2 oz of cheese with 1/4 cup cream, though you could. Do with the extra what you will. I recommend breakfast the next day.
For the Whipped Mascarpone
- 4 oz Mascarpone
- 1 cup Whipped Full Fat Coconut Cream (chilled) or 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp Powdered Swerve (or powdered sweet of choice) or 1/4 cup granulated sweetener
For the Bourbon Blueberry Sauce
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 shot Bourbon, or more if you feel so inclined
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Mint leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp Granulated Swerve (or sweet of choice)
For the Crumbly Bit of Nuts
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Butter, cold
- 2 tbsp Granulated Swerve
- With a hand mixer, beat the mascarpone, vanilla and the sweetener together in a chilled bowl. Add the very cold coconut cream and beat with the mixer until well combined.
- OR using heavy cream instead of coconut cream: Pour heavy cream into a chilled bowl and beat well. It will take a little more beating to fluff the heavy cream than the coconut cream. Add to the mascarpone mixture and fold.
- Refrigerate or freeze while you make the crumble and sauce.
- Heat oven to 350. Mix the almonds, sweetener and almond flour.
- Cut in the cold butter until it's well incorporated.
- Spread the crumble on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for about 10 minutes, stirring halfway, until brown.
Bourbon Blueberry Sauce
- Add the sauce ingredients to a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir frequently, cook until the berries soften and begin to burst, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition is calculated for the Whipped Mascarpone Cream made with coconut cream.
Made with 1/2 cup heavy cream (or 1 cup whipped): Cals 297 Fat 31g Carb 1g Protein 3g for three equal portions (a little more than 1/3 cup)
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1/3rd
Amount Per Serving Calories 330Total Fat 32gCarbohydrates 4gProtein 5g