Since the holiday week is upon us, I’m not going to bore all of you with my silly stories and ramblings. Instead, I will bore you with all of the foods I plan to make.
Golly it’s tough being a progressive, gluten free, grain free, vegetarian, former vegan but still kinda judgy on the animal products, carbless monster like me. Imagine trying to survive the holidays without getting sloppy when the only thing filling your stomach other than the family’s secret hooch is the crudite platter your dear sweet mother has prepared.
Carrots are not an appropriate chaser, nor do they soak up hooch. This is a problem.
Gourmet Deviled Eggs to the rescue!
No, I know. That’s ridiculous. BUT it’s not that ridiculous. Fat and protein means slower absorption of holiday cheer and even better, less space for those tempting treats that I don’t need to be treated to.
SO so so many toppings and choices. If you were one of those people who wanted to please everyone, this is your jam. Do this and win Thanksgiving.
AND how cool do you look rolling up to Thanksgiving dinner with all of your mini containers full of gourmet toppings and some perfectly portioned classic deviled eggs.
Watch everyone pull out their phones and Instagram it. Who can resist decked out deviled eggs that you build YOURSELF? Just watch. #deckedoutdeviledeggs will trend because we will make it trend.
-Decked Out Deviled Egg Bar-
Must be born on or before this date (11/20/2016) to be served at this bar!
Mainly because babies can’t eat the whites…
SO, I’m a deviled egg purest.
I like to utilize a super classic and basic deviled egg when we are going elbows deep in topping options.
Just MAYO, Lemon Juice, and SALT and then leave it alone. Seriously, don’t mess with it. Let the egg filling be the egg filling and not some amped up egg filling.
That’s what toppings are for.
Now we can add some flavor. Or, go topless.
This is your bar. There are no rules.
BUT if you are putting a top on, here are some options.
Fried Garlic-Pesto-Shaved Parmesan
Sundried Tomato- Toasted Pine Nuts
Smoked Paprika- Chives
Plus a million other combos! I couldn’t show them all-the sun was setting-but I will just list all of the ideas I have and you can add to them in the comments!
- 10 Hard Boiled Eggs
- ¼ cup Mayonaise
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- Smoked Paprika or Italian Seasoning
- Sundried Tomato Slices-Roasted Red Pepper
- Toasted Nuts like Pine Nuts, Chopped Pecans, Slivered Almonds
- Parmesan Cheese- Blue Cheese- Shredded Cheddar
- Sriracha or Franks Red Hot
- Fried Garlic
- Fresh Herbs- Chives, Rosemary, Parsley, Mint, Dill
- Chopped Fresh Veg-Tomato, Sweet Onion, Avocado
- Peel and slice hard boiled eggs and remove the yolks.
- Mix the yolks with mayo, lemon juice and salt until very smooth.
- Fill a plastic bag or piping bag with the egg mixture and cut a small portion from the tip.
- Dust the egg whites with smoked paprika or seasoning of choice, then fill the eggs with the creamed yolk mixture.
- Arrange your chosen toppings in small containers for easy access.
- Top a few eggs with whatever you like or leave them for your guest!
What are your topping ideas?!?