Go ahead, shake your shamrock with fewer carbs, more flavor, and frosty real-mint goodness with this dairy free keto shamrock shake!
Shamrock Shake or total Sham Shake?
I mean, does the McDonald’s Shamrock Shake even contain any actual Shamrocks???
Possibly not even one!
But aside from obviously lacking in Shamrock substance, the shake is problematic in a lot of other ways. Like why does it never actually seem that cold when you drink it, yet somehow, even melted, it’s the thickness of glue? Is anyone else alarmed by that?
BRUH! We should be alarmed.
Isn’t it time we started shaking our own shamrocks with a mint-green shake that actually tastes like mint? A shake that nourishes us while it tickles our tastebuds? One that isn’t 820 calories and 131g carbs?!?!
YES. The answer is yes.
Clean. Green. Shake Machine
It’s almost impossible to make a shamrock shake LESS healthy than the fast-food version unless you have access to a food lab and 54 different ingredients including multiple forms of sugar, thickeners, and artificial flavoring.
That’s how many actual ingredients it takes to make that green mint monstrosity.
Even a blended concoction of store-bought keto ice cream and the mint extract is getting you a gold star for nutrition in comparison to a fast-food shake. But we will do BETTER.
The Keto Shamrock Shakedown
This beautifully blended keto shamrock shake is a combo of full-fat coconut milk, avocado, low-carb sweetener (like Swerve), and some good old fashion MINT! Plus some other stuff.
Dislike coconut milk? Stop scrolling because this part is for you!
If coconut milk isn’t your thing, swap the coconut milk for a full-dairy liquid like half n’ half or heavy cream. It’s still a lot healthier than the OG.
Seriously…you could even use Halo Top Vanilla Ice Cream and still put McD’s to shame.
Whip It Good.
Don’t skip the whip! This is a Shamrock Shake, not a darn smoothie…she said with the utmost respect and love. I like TruWhip because even though it does have carbs, I don’t follow other people’s rules! I do what I like. And I like it.
Now for the recipe that is so simple that a tiny child could make this.
Or a grownup with a serious need for a belly full of mint goodness…
Looking For More Smoothies?
- 1 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk OR milk of choice
- 1/2 medium Avocado
- 1/4 tsp Mint extract, for a super mint shake
- 4-5 Fresh Mint Leaves, or more if desired
- 2 tbsp Hulled Hemp Hearts, optional, for health!
- 3-4 tbsp Granulated Swerve, or sweetener of choice
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 cup Ice, as needed
- Whipped Cream or Whipped Coconut Cream, to top
- Chocolate Chunks, if you're WILD
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder, if you want a protein boost!
- Shake your room-temperature can of coconut milk well. You want an even pour of both the cream and milk!
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT the hemp seeds and ice to a high-powered blender and blend.
- For a super silky-smooth shake, strain the shake through a fine-mesh sieve, then add the hemp seeds and ice, and blend again. This isn't required but I like removing the tiny bits of mint. Taste and adjust sweetness, adding more coconut milk if needed until it's your desired consistency.
- Pour into two cups, top with sugar-free whipped cream, and cheers to your unwavering commitment to health.
You can really make this shake into anything you want! Add a little more AVOCADO for even more healthy fat, a scoop of vanilla protein powder for a better boost, or any variety of baby greens!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Shakes Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 29gCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 2gProtein 6g