Go ahead, shake your shamrock with fewer carbs, more flavor, and frosty real-mint goodness.
Shamrock Shake or total Sham Shake?
I mean, does the McDonald’s Shamrock Shake even contain any actual Shamrocks???
Possibly not even one!
But aside from obviously lacking in Shamrock substance, the shake is problematic in a lot of other ways.
Like why does it never actually seem that cold when you drink it, yet somehow, even melted, it’s the thickness of glue? Is anyone else alarmed by that?
BRUH. It’s 2020. We should be alarmed.
Isn’t it time we started shaking our own shamrocks with a mint-green shake that actually tastes like mint? A shake that nourishes us while it tickles our tastebuds? One that isn’t 820 calories and 131g carbs?!?!
YES. The answer is yes.
Clean. Green. Shake Machine
It’s almost impossible to make a shamrock shake LESS healthy than the fast-food version unless you have access to a food lab and 54 different ingredients including multiple forms of sugar, thickeners, and artificial flavoring.
That’s how many actual ingredients it takes to make that green mint monstrosity.
Even a blended concoction of storebought keto ice cream and mint extract is getting you a gold star for nutrition in comparison to a fast-food shake. But we will do BETTER.
The Keto Shamrock Shakedown
This beautifully blended beast is a combo of full-fat coconut milk, avocado, low carb sweetener (like Swerve), and some good old fashion MINT! Plus some other stuff.
…this is for you…
If coconut milk isn’t your thing, be my guest and swap the coconut milk for a full-dairy liquid like half n’ half or heavy cream. It’s still a helluva lot healthier than the OG.
Seriously…you could even use Halo Top Vanilla Ice Cream and still put McD’s to shame.
Whip It Good.
Disperse, pervs. I’m talking about whipped cream.
Er, still sounds diry.
Anyway, don’t skip the whippp. This is a Shamrock Shake, not a damn smoothie
…she said with the utmost respect and love.
I like TruWhip because even though it does have carbs, I don’t follow other people’s rules! I do what I like. And I like it.
Now for the recipe that is so simple that a tiny child could make this.
Or a grownp with a seroius need for a belly full of mint goodness…
Looking For More Smoothies?
- 1 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 medium Avocado
- 1/4 tsp Mint extract, for a super mint shake
- 4-5 Fresh Mint Leaves, or more if desired
- 2 tbsp Hulled Hemp Hearts
- 3-4 tbsp Granulated Swerve, or sweetener of choice
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 cup Ice, as needed
- Whipped Cream or Whipped Coconut Cream, to top
- Chocolate Chunks, if you're WILD
- Shake your room temperature can of coconut milk well. You want an even pour of both the cream and milk!
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT hemp seeds to a high-powered blender and blend.
- For a super silky-smooth shake, strain the shake through a fine-mesh sieve, then add the hemp seeds and blend again. Add more ice or coconut milk, as needed, until it's your desired consistency.
- Pour into two cups, top with sugar-free whipped cream, and cheers to your unwavering commitment to health.
You can really make this shake into anything you want! Add a little more AVOCADO for even more healthy fat, a scoop of vanilla protein powder for a better boost, or any variety of baby greens!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Shakes Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 29gCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 2gProtein 6g