It’s truth time everyone; I almost never make the same recipe twice.
I know. It’s like, the worst. I go on and on about the majestic meals I create and how they are going to taste so good they’ll make ya wanna…ya know.
Go ahead and click that link and enjoy the super hot throwback jam that it is, but please come back because this dip is shoop-worthy too.
But I rarely have them in my meal rotation. I guess it’s due to always testing new recipes so I can
humble brag on what I’m cooking next share them with all 27 of you plus my mom. When I’m not recipe testing I go for the quick and easy and cheesy stuff that has minimal clean up and can be consumed right from the cooking surface.
Which is why I’ve decided to start sharing more of what I eat when I’m not blogging. Hence the giant pan of vegetables below…
One Pan Roasted Veggies and Creamy Baked Feta
You may or may not notice that I have some whole onions on this pan.
Yes, I’m that weird girl who loves to chomp down on a roasted onion.
I also love whole roasted tomatoes because they burst and let their sweet juices marinate the other veggies, which takes some of the seasoning burden off of my shoulders.
Don’t start thinking this spread is like that hot artichoke stuff from Chili’s.
It’s got a creaminess to it but it’s also a lot of feta, which holds together even when whipped.
It’s going to stay spreadable and have a salty, tangy deliciousness that will make you want to swallow the whole damn container and lick the spoon.
Here I go. Here I go. Here I GO, again!
Girls, what’s my weakness?
Okay then. So it wasn’t the best use of Salt n’ Pepa lyrics but it felt right.
I use it for everything and it’s just good.
And there you have it.
A vegetarian, easy cheesy meal that I actually cook (and eat) a lot.
You can also eat this right off of the pan and that’s pretty damn amazing in my book.
Get ya lips wet cause it’s time to have Pep-pers that are smothered in hot feta!
Today I decided to eat dinner out of a rusty old pie tin because,
Let’s be honest. I’d eat cheese from just about anything.
- 10 Asparagus Spears, fibrous ends removed
- 5 Sweet Mini Peppers
- 5 Broccoli florets,
- 4 Green Onions
- 1 Medium Zucchini, cut into spears
- 4 Tomatoes, small on the vine or cherry tomatoes
- 1 head Garlic, optional
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- 8 oz Feta
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Mediterranean Seasoning plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts, optional
- Heat oven to 400 and prepare a large sheet pan with non stick spray.
- Prepare the dip by processing the feta in a blender or food processor until all of the hunks are pulverized. Add the ricotta or softened cream cheese, garlic powder, parmesan and seasoning. Pulse until combined.
- Spoon into oven safe ramekins and top with artichoke hearts or sprinkle with more mediterranean seasoning. A little Parmesan could be an option, too!
- Arrange the cut vegetables on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil and sea salt. Toss to coat.
- Bake vegetables and feta spread on lower rack for 20-25 minutes or until the dip is bubbling and the veggies are browned, turning once if you'd like.
- Serve hot!
Next week I’ll post more of the things I eat all of the time but never talk about. Yay!