Yes, I am aware that the name of this salad, just like every sweet and savory bite, is a mouthful. I felt it was fitting and you needed to know the ingredients.
I guess I could have shortened it to Peach Pie Salad? Or maybe Peaches N’ Cream Salad? Call it what you want! It’s the most delicious way to eat peaches and vegetables in one bite and the name doesn’t matter.
End of Summer Scramble
I’ve really been making an effort to cram every ounce of what’s left of summer into the last week. It’s exhausting. So far I’ve eaten 27 peaches (various forms), applied the last of my sunless tanner, and sat on the patio until the sun set. I now feel ready to transition into fall where I cry a lot and sleep an extra three hours a day. ∗Yippie∗ BUT at least we can use up the last of the peaches for this summery/fall salad that is covered in warm gingered peaches and walnuts and a dollop sweetened, gingery sour cream and sprinkled with toasted coconut.
Warm Peach & Gingered Walnut Salad with Toasted Coconut & Vanilla Cream
Have you seen more beautiful peaches?
I could smell them while I was taking these photos and got drool all over my macro lens…
You may notice the basil in the photos. After I tasted it I decided it didn’t need basil.
So, pretty in photos but the basil just took away from the ginger/cinnamon vibes.
Here’s two more photos of a peach in case you forgot how Goddamned glorious peaches are.
Insert Ginger jokes and/or Nut jokes here.
There were just too many for me to choose from.
If you wanted to skip making this a salad and just do these ginger nuts, peaches n’ cream I say do you. Greens are good but I do love me some ginger nuts….
Serve this baby in a pie tin and feel like a culinary hipster genius!
Or just on a plate I guess. Again, your preference.
Toasted coconut isn’t necessary but why punish yourself by skipping coconut?
Except for you, Heather. You can skip it and I won’t even be offended.
OKAY. I am going to start refusing plain nuts because I literally can’t get enough ginger nuts in my mouth.
- 2 Peaches, sliced
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- ½ cup Walnuts
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar, Truvia or other low carb blend
- 1 tbsp Mild Oil, Coconut or Avocado Oil will work
- 2 tbsp Toasted Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- ½ cup Sour Cream (or greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Truvia Liquid Sweet or Honey
- Toss walnuts in oil, brown sugar substitute, and ginger and heat on medium in a large skillet. Stir periodically until the nuts begin to brown and the brown sugar begins to caramelize. Add in peaches and sear on both sides, just until they begin to soften. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine sour cream (could sub greek yogurt), ginger, cinnamon, and sweetener and mix until combined.
- Plate by layering baby spinach leaves, warm nuts and peaches, sour cream and sprinklings of toasted coconut. Eat this salad warm or later as leftovers because without dressing there is no soggy factor!
Who wants pie when you can have this sweet and creamy alternative AND get your fruits and veggies?
Ok, I still want pie but this is good, too.